Re: Flickering with Socket and Plug

You are right!

Look at this commit: https://git.gnome.org/browse/gtk+/commit/?id=021fe010b6cbf5119938efbad3122ef2854fc62b

and this article: https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=GTK4-Cleaning-House-100

> A bug report in bugzilla would be good. Maybe someone can pinpoint the
> cause of the flicker better than I can.

Does it make sense at all to report a bug when GtkSocket and GtkPlug are already deprecated/old and even have been removed? I fear chances are low that it will ever get fixed.

René

It looks like a bug in GTK but I haven't figured out what is causing it. A bug report in bugzilla would be good. Maybe someone can pinpoint the cause of the flicker better than I can.

Looking around it looks like the GtkPlug and GtkSocket never got deprecated but I don't see them in the master branch anymore.

Eric