GLib:GSocket: Using additional protocol via protocol identifier

Hello,
According to GLib's documentation, it is possible to use other protocols by passing their identifiers. I am trying to use a transport protocol called DCCP (Datagram Congestion Control Protocol) and have passed its protocol number (33) which is recognized by my platform (Ubuntu).
However, as I am compiling my project (Gstreamer), I get an error reporting
 : GLib-GObject-WARNING **: value "((GSocketProtocol) 33)" of type 'GSocketProtocol' is invalid or out of range for property 'protocol' of type 'GSocketProtocol'
Any idea why?
Thanks!