Using the CSS Transform property on a widget (i.e. not a gtk icon)

I am currently styling my GTK+3 application with animations (using CSS transitions), and I was wondering if I could use CSS Transformations to style my widgets. As far as the gtk3 documentation and Google, I have only found references to using CSS Transformations with gtk icons, using -gtk-icon-transform: property. Adding the css transform property to a gtk widget in the following way:

widget {
    transform: scaleX(1);
}

result in an error (" Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: 'transform' is not a valid property name").

Is there any way to use CSS Transforms on regular gtk widgets? If not, is support for css transformations planned?

Thank you.