Re: GObject introspection and cairo?

On 9 May 2017 at 15:39, Stefan Salewski <mail ssalewski de> wrote:
I am currently working again on the gobject introspection based
bindings for Nim language (https://github.com/StefanSalewski/nim-gi).

And I wonder why there is only minimal support for cairo --
/usr/share/gir-1.0/cairo-1.0.gir is minimal.

Of course cairo is not gobject based, but is that the real problem? I
think glib is not gobject based too?

Cairo has an internal type system — image surfaces "inherit" from
generic surfaces, etc. — whereas GLib data structures do not have
inheritance.

Additionally, things like error domains mapped to exceptions are not
going to work without GError.

Ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--