Re: Turn off GTK+ warnings

On Sat, 2017-04-01 at 16:53 +1000, Stuart Longland wrote:
How, as a user, do I go about silencing these warnings?

I don't think it is a good idea to ignore such warnings as a user in
general case. There may be very few warnings, for which it may be ok to
ignore it. But generally, there is a reason why warnings are shown.
Indicating that something is wrong, and the software may not work
properly.

I would very strong try to avoid software which continuesly emit
warnings -- that may be an indication that the software is stale,
nobody cares about it, so it may have dangerous (security) bugs.

One example was indeed gvim, I have stopped using it.

If you really need that software, you may contact its author or
maintainers of your OS distribution, maybe it is a problem of the
distribution, maybe they ship too old or incompatible libraries or are
doing something just wrong.

So we should be happy that these warnings are shown at all, it would be
much worse when they are invisible or do not exist at all and software
just malfunctions in rare cases.