Make parent aware of drag and drop

Hi,

I have a slightly weird situation. I have two widgets that are both eventboxes, and I'm trying to make it possible to drag what I call a tile widget into a column. Basically, think I'm dragging a box from one column to another.

My issue is I can now drag one tile to a column to get drag data from the drag source; however, I need the parent window to be made aware of this drag because it contains an information store that tells me about where each tile is located within the column widges.

Long story short: I can drag a tile from one column to another. When I do, the column's drag data received function tells me the id of the tile I just dragged to it. I need this information (the drag source and drag dest) to propagate up to the parent Gtk window so it can handle performing the desired modification.

Is there a good way through Gtk for my window to catch the interaction between its children?

Sorry if this seems kind of convoluted, my program is kind of a mess but it works and I'm waiting until it has all the features I want to clean things up.

Thanks for any help you can give!

Jim