GTK threads synchronization issues

Hello Colleagues :) ,
I am working on a major project lately, but the last thing I was experiencing was heavy synchronization issues with g_thred_new.
-
After a while I found out that the problem is because I modify/update application's GUI from the thread.
-
By problems I allude generally application text damages such as showing non-standard characters instead of the widget's intended text, sometimes
even crashes and asserts.
-
Is that correct  and I should not make changes to the GUI inside such thread ?
Is there any way I can do that within the thread without ending in a symbolic mess ?
Thanks, Al3.

Mail.BG: Безплатен e-mail адрес. Най-добрите характеристики на българския пазар - 30 GB пощенска кутия, 1 GB прикрепен файл, безплатен POP3, мобилна версия и други.