Where are the icon names documented?

Hi, ALL,
In the documentation of "gtk_image_new_from_icon_name ()" it states
that:

[quote]
Creates a GtkImage displaying an icon from the current icon theme. If
the icon name isn’t known, a “broken image” icon will be displayed
instead. If the current icon theme is changed, the icon will be
updated appropriately.
[/quote]

However, it does not indicate where the icon names are documented and what
are they

Can someone please point me to this place?

Also, I am running Gentoo with KDE 4. I have both Qt and GTK+ 3.14 installed.

Will I see my icon bitmaps? Or I have to run Gnome?

Thank you.