Re: Support of Joystick/Gamepad in GTK+ 3.18

Hey.

So, joypad support is usually special. Most other input devices are
usually demultipliexed through concept of "window focus" (e.g.
keyboard input goes to the window focus, mouse input goes to the
window the mouse is currently over), but joypad is usually exclusively
controlled by one app at a time.

That means it doesn't tend to be proxied through the window system
directly, and so there's no need for GDK to interpret it. GTK+ and GDK
don't interpret joypads, and I can't imagine they'll do so any time
soon. If you want, you might be able to use SDL's input library to
handle gamepads in your game, in combination with GTK+.

Does that help answer your questions?