Re: Support for really big numbers in GLib

Hi;

On 5 January 2016 at 19:12, Per <pmknutsen gmail com> wrote:
I'm working on a gnome-shell extension and using glib to pull in various
resources.

This isn't likely to be a good place to ask for that; you probably
want gnome-shell list.

Also, JavaScript numeric integer types are limited to 32 bits, so even
if GLib had some facilities, you wouldn't be able to pass around
JavaScript native number objects that span over the required range.

I also need to work with a library for handling (really) big numbers (up 100
digits). Does GLib provide any methods for working with such large
numbers/integers?

No. You probably want GMP - https://gmplib.org/ - but that library is
not introspectable by itself, so it cannot be accessed via JavaScript.

To be absolutely fair, the idea of a GNOME Shell extension that deals
with big numbers is weird to me. Why not write an application?

Ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--
https://www.bassi.io