Re: Font selection panel

Hi,

On Thu, Dec 22, 2016 at 8:07 PM,  <cecashon aol com> wrote:

Where do you want to set the font? The gtk_font_chooser_set_font() function
will set it in the chooser.

On the page https://developer.gnome.org/gtk2/stable/GtkFontSelection.html#gtk-font-selection-set-font-name
the function is declared as deprecated. Which means it will not be
possible to set the font initially.

What version of GTK+ and OS are you using to test with? I only have GTK3.18
to test with right now and the code worked with that.

I will try that on both 2.24 and 3.18.

The gtk font chooser widget only has one function but it can use functions
present in the derivation chain and also the interfaces it implements. If
you think that a widget really should have a certain function, and don't see
it there, always check to see how it is derived and if it implements one or
more interfaces.

Also, unfortunately, the page
https://developer.gnome.org/gtk2/stable/GtkFontSelection.html does
not list any signals. Which means I will not be able to catch a font
changing event and enable the "Apply"
button.
In comparison the GTK3+ GtkFontChooser does emit a signal on the font
change and can set the font
initially.

Any idea how to do this under GTK+2?

Thank you.