Background color of Treeviews with just few rows

Hello, I would appreciate help in this topic:

I have a notebook with several pages. Every page has a scrolledwindow and then a treeview.

For treeviews with sufficient rows, no problema but if the treeview has a small number of rows, the remaining area below the last row is in white color.

I would like to change the color of this area. I tried

style =get_style (widget)
set_background (style, state_normal, other color)
set_style (widget, style)

where widget was sucessively the notebook, the scrolled window and the treeview. No success.

I am using Gtk 2.24 and in the process of moving to Gtk3.

Thanks in advance.