Re: problem when debug glib source code with gdb

On 23.11.2015 21:27, jcupitt gmail com wrote:
   Dear friend, Recently I  am curious about how glib works, so I want to
debug its source code with gdb. But I got stuck...

These are steps I followed, after the source code is downloaded:
1) ./configure --enable-debug=yes

The --enable-debug switch turns on some internal tests, but it doesn't
make the compiler add debugging information.

Try:

CFLAGS=-g ./configure --enable-debug=yes
make
make install

Try
./configure --enable-debug=yes CFLAGS="-g" STRIP=true
make
make install

CFLAGS="-g" is to compile with debug info
STRIP=true is to prevent autotools from stripping debug info during `make
install' (use the `true' program to strip binaries, it does nothing).

--
O< ascii ribbon - stop html email! - www.asciiribbon.org