Re: GTK+ 3.16.0 released

On 24.03.2015 14:53, Emmanuele Bassi wrote:
Hi;

On 24 March 2015 at 11:34, LRN <lrn1986 gmail com> wrote:

Provided that libepoxy is appropriately-patched to consider OpenGL 1.1 to be
the core implementation provided by opengl32.dll
 (otherwise it may crash at runtime when you try to call OpenGL 1.1 functions).

You mean all functions that were added in OpenGL 1.1 and not
deprecated after OpenGL 3.2?

GTK+ does not support legacy profiles, so using deprecated, pre-3.2
API is not going to be possible in any case.

Well, according to libepoxy, glDrawArrays is a 1.1 function:

Yes, and it's not deprecated by GL 3.2 — as opposed to, say, glRotatef
— which is what I wanted to know.

I've seen that you opened a ticket on libepoxy's issue tracker; do you
also have a patch that we can add to jhbuild, while we wait for Eric
Anholt to fix the issue upstream?

Sure, here it is.

I'm not sure this is the right thing to do (there are other possibilities,
mentioned in that issue on github), but this is what allows gtk-demo to work,
so i'm content with that for now.

--
O< ascii ribbon - stop html email! - www.asciiribbon.org