splitting an App between Glade files?

Hi Everyone

I have tinkered with Glade in the past and I "felt" that this wasn't going to be easier for me. It "seemed" like a single Glade file would grow too cumbersome so I never gave it a real try. So of course this is "felt" and "seemed" not fact.

I haven't personally found examples of people using multiple Glade files for one application, is this possible?

I can't start adding widgets to a second Glade file without creating a top level window. I do have the option to change the window type to popup, but I don't know how to pack it into the top level window of the first Glade file or if a popup can even be fully contained in another window.

Alternatively is there a way to work with multiple sub windows without having them stacked over each other in Glade?

I guess my main concern is that I would like the central portion of my GUI to have multiple features and I am concerned that Glade will become confusing. I was thinking that if I hand coded them separately, the code would be easier to manage then the Glade file.

Is it also possible to define widgets within a top level window but to ignore that toplevel window and that top level widgets into another widget instead, such as a notebook, contained in another Glade file? I Understand I would have to hand code this part.

Also I am using an unpopular language and trying to interface it with C. Does it seem like a good idea to create a Gtk binding that was complete minus what Glade supports? Seems like it would be a lot less work and would avoid redundancy.

Thanks for reading-Patrick