recently-used.xbel

Not the most inspiring subject title but hopefully someone here will be able to help.

I'm working on an app which uses a GtkFileChooser dialog. Let's say I use it to open a file. Next time I launch the GtkFileChooser I'll see an entry called "Recently Used" which lists the file I opened last time. As the number of entries increases, they get saved in a persistent file called "recently-used.xbel". This all seems to be a feature of gtk+. There's nothing in the actual app that handles any of this.

Currently we're using gtk+2 (as opposed to gtk+3). Is there any way I can modify what gets saved in 'recently-used.xbel'? For example, if I DIDN'T want it to include files with a particular extension, does the existing code provide any mechanism for achieving that? In other words, I want the user to be able to select files of that type - but I DON'T want them to get listed in 'recently-used.xbel'.

Or alternatively... if I ONLY wanted it to include files with certain extension(s) can I specify that somehow in my application? Thanks.

John