Re: GTK+_failed installation

Hi Marcus,

I have installed gtk-3.14.6, when I launch the gtk3-demo an error message (see below) arises related to one obsolete package, How to remove this package and to replace it.
About the OOF, it's a free software, Object Oriented for Finite Element, used for analyzing the microstructure of materials such as composites for example in order to evaluate the mechanical properties.

Thanks,

Nabil

------Error message----------
(gtk3-demo:11666): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: The property GtkSettings:gtk-menu-images is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version.
----------------------------------

On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 10:50:29AM +0100, Nabil Ferguen wrote:
> Hi Marcus,
>
> Thank you for your message.

You're welcome. Just remember to cc the mailing list when you reply,
that will increase your chances of getting answers. :-)

> I've changed the ubunto version and upgraded to 14.10 and I have
> successfully installed all libraries and dependencies for GTK + 3.14, but
> when I run the gtk3-demo I get the error messages (see bellow) for loading
> some modules. Another question, how I can launch OOF2D.

I'm not familiar with OOF2D. Can you explain what it is?

> Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "overlay-scrollbar"
> Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "unity-gtk-module"
> Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"
> Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"

These warnings are usually not a major problem, assuming that gtk3-demo
still comes up successfully.

                Marcus