Re: Using GLib in server

hi;

On 11 January 2015 at 16:10, Wiky L <wiiiky yeah net> wrote:

        I'm going to develop a server. GLib is designed for GUI, I wonder
whether it's a good idea to use GLib in my server program(no GUI of
course).

GLib is not designed for a GUI; in fact, there's a lot of GLib running
on headless devices.

the main issue that may or may not a deal breaker for your particular
usage of GLib is that the code does not in any way try to deal with
OOM cases, and that internal state is enforced with abort() in various
places. if that's not acceptable for your use case, you will have to
use another library.

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--