Re: Error building template class 'GtkPrintUnixDialog'

On Sun, 22 Feb 2015, Scott Talbert wrote:

When calling gtk_print_operation_run(), I'm seeing this GTK error:

Gtk-CRITICAL **: Error building template class 'GtkPrintUnixDialog' for an instance of type 'GtkPrintUnixDialog': Invalid object type `GtkPrinterOptionWidget' on line 567

Does anyone know what might be the issue?

This is the code for calling gtk_print_operation_run:
   GtkPrintOperationResult response = gtk_print_operation_run
                                      (
                                          printOp,
                                          GetShowDialog()
? GTK_PRINT_OPERATION_ACTION_PRINT_DIALOG : GTK_PRINT_OPERATION_ACTION_PRINT,
                                          m_parent
? GTK_WINDOW(gtk_widget_get_toplevel(m_parent->m_widget))
                                           : NULL,
                                          &gError
                                      );

Okay, I've debugged this further. Ultimately, what is happening here is GTK+ is calling dlsym() (via _g_module_symbol()) to lookup the gtk_printer_option_widget_get_type function and it fails to find it, ie, dlsym() returns NULL.

What I neglected to mention in the first place is that this failure is occurring when running as a Python application (wxPython to be specific). When I run the same code as a C++ application (wxWidgets), the failure does not occur. Presumably this failure is occurring because the python binary itself is not linked with the GTK+ library.

Does anyone have any ideas of how to resolve this?

Thanks,
Scott