Re: Multithreaded application freezing

On Tue, Feb 3, 2015 at 3:05 AM, G Hasse <gorhas raditex nu> wrote:
Den 2015-02-03 03:26, Jasper St. Pierre skrev:

On Mon, Feb 2, 2015 at 5:07 PM, G Hasse <gorhas raditex nu> wrote:
Den 2015-02-02 22:57, Gulshan Singh skrev:

I strongly advice designing an application in this way.  Every window in an application should be a separate process. Between processes you should
find a good protocol. This protocol should be transported over some message buss. (example: www.spread.org)

This will break under Wayland, which has a strong tie for one socket connection = one client. Threads can be used successfully, but they require care and expertise. The recommended approach is to use worker threads which share as little as possible with the main thread.

Then Wayland is totaly broken... (In my opinion).

That also happens to be the recommended way to use GTK regardless of the backend, and is also recommended with several other GUI toolkits. The whole idea of making random calls back into the GUI library from arbitrary threads is fundamentally broken and reflects a shallow understanding of how an event driven application actually works.