Reffering to GArray as to an ordinar C-like array

Hi, everyone
While trying to combine GSL and GLib functions in the same code I faced the following question. Can I refer to *GArray object like an ordinar C-like array? For example:

GArray * g_array_data

g_array_new (TRUE, TRUE, sizeof(double)); // A first 'true' is for zero-terminated G-array.
gsl_fft_radix2_transform ( (double*) g_array_data, 1, 256);

I tested a code like above with negative result. Can anyone prompt me, should the idea illustrated of this code snippet work properly in principle (and so I should look for an error somewhere outside it)? Is there any other way how to organize such reference to GArray-object in GLib?

Thanks!

Sergey.