Re: GtkStatusIcon and Unity

Well, multiple Linux distros simply don't have tray icons anymore, so no tray icon class can possibly work cross-platform.

It depends on what the design of your application is. I'd recommend that you sway away from tray icons entirely in your application. For some Linux distros, GtkStatusIcon might be acceptable. For others, you might have to write an app indicator or design something better.