Application written under GTK 2.20.1 won't start under GTK 2.24.22

Hello!
I've got an application that was written rather long ago using GTK+ 2.20.1 and now I'm trying to launch it on a new system that has GTK+ 2.24.22 installed. The program compiles fine, without any warnings, opens a window and hags forever refusing to draw anything. I use Cairo for drawing.

What could be the issue? Are there any changes in callback-functions or area widget in version 2.24 compared to 2.20?

Best regards,
Dmitry