Re: Icon sizes

On 18 November 2014 20:09, Emmanuele Bassi <ebassi gmail com> wrote:
hi;

the `GtkIconSize` enumeration has not been deprecated, and you can use
it with gtk_image_new_from_icon_name() and gtk_image_new_from_gicon(),
or similar API.

sent before I could finish it…

in general, though, you probably want to have properly sized widgets
and assets — and not rely on the GtkIconSize enumeration.

you either use scalable assets (wherever appropriate) and size the
widgets according to your theme and/or application style; or you
pre-render the assets at the right size, and then load them as they
are.

if you're using GtkIconSize, you're probably doing things like menus
or buttons containing an explicit icon, and defining them in code,
instead of using the XML description.

ciao,
 Emmanuele.