Re: GtkPopover as replacement of GtkMenu in small apps.

hi;

I assume your issue is that the popover is clipped to the top level
size. this is a known limitation: GtkPopover widgets do not use a
separate windowing system surface, but they are drawn directly on the
top level to which they are attached. this won't change in 3.16, at
least on X11. Wayland, on the other hand, allows us a greater control
on sub-surfaces, so with 3.16, popovers will not be constraint when
running with the Wayland backend.

in general, you'll have to assume that popovers should not be used
like menus; menus have their own set of semantics, especially on X11,
that we *cannot* change.

ciao,
 Emmanuele.