Building gobject-introspection on Darwin

Title: Building gobject-introspection on Darwin
Hi all,

I am trying to build gobject-introspection 1.34.2 with support for glib 2.35.9.

I have glib 2.35.9 installed and am getting stuck on the part of the Makefile for gobject-introspection involving the checking for the required shell env variables.

The make command doesn't seem to see either the _LIBS or the _PROGRAMS env variables, and hence stops.

I've defined :

setenv glib_2_35_9_gir_LIBS /usr/local/lib/libglib-2.0.la    --in csh

and,

added a Makefile-glib.am following the instructions in Makefile.introspection for adding your own lib to introspection.

I re-ran the GNU aclocal/autoconf/autoheader/automake scripts in order to generate a configure script with the new Makefile-glib.am included.

The configure scripts seems to run fine.

What is odd is the new Makefile-glib.am I add has a line defining the _FILES env variable:
glib_2_35_9_gir_FILES = $GNU/GTK+/glib-2.35.9
                                          --where $GNU is my env pointing to where I keep the GNU codes.

The _FILES env variable seems to be read just fine by the make command for gobject-introspection.

What am I missing ?  Is there a wiki, or online doc detailing the build process for adding libraries to the build process for introspection ?

Any tips or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

--Ed
--
E. J. Mansky II
Eikonal Research Institute