Re: Who knows ANYTHING about broadway / HTML5 backend?

Hi Daniel, I guess that if I wanted it to work in its current state, I would have a CGI (or other) app handling authentication, and if successful spawning the GTK+ application on a new IP port and redirecting the user to this port. Subsequent connections to this IP port should be protected by some web server magic (reading a password database). But I agree that it would be nice if such a feature was supported out-of-the-box.
Regardsn
Tarnyko Daniel Kasak writes:
Fair enough. Good to see someone answer ;) The other question I posted to
an app-devel list or something like that. I can deal with not being able to
resize / maximise for now. What I'm not clear on is security. The way I
assumed it would work was this:
- I write a simple login page that checks credentials in a DB
- If login is successful, an authentication key is generated, an instance
of broadwayd is spawned on a new port, an instance of the app is spawned,
and pointed ( somehow ) at the correct instance of broadwayd, and the key
and port is returned to the client's browser
What happens from here on is less clear. The browser would have to keep
passing this key back to broadwayd or the app? Can we use https or tunnel
through ssh? Is anything like this implemented already?
From what I've seen with my limited testing, the default setup basically
allows anyone to hit the IP / port that broadway is running on, and take
over control of the app. Any thoughts? Dan

On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 11:07 AM, Jasper St. Pierre