Re: GTK3 -- query mouse pointer coordinates for keyboard input?

On Fri, 2014-01-17 at 17:18 -0500, Paul Davis wrote:
you can track where the mouse is with enter/leave events, and there
are
often good reasons for wanting to do that anyway.

That should not work well for CAD applications.

We have a large drawing area, where we draw objects using cairo drawing
functions. That are not GTK widgets! Applications are for example gschem
or gerbv (still GTK2), my PetEd (Ruby gschem clone) or maybe InkScape --
for InkScape I am not sure how it works internally.