Re: Widgets margins relative to character size (high DPI issue)

On Mon, 2014-02-10 at 12:11 -0500, Jasper St. Pierre wrote:
Hi Stefan,

High-DPI infrastructure was introduced to GTK+3 last cycle:

http://blogs.gnome.org/alexl/2013/06/28/hidpi-support-in-gnome/

It should be completely transparent to your application. It works like
HTML5 does, by making the "drawing pixel" different from the "device
pixel".

You can test on a low-DPI display by setting the GDK_SCALE envvar. Try
running:

  $ GDK_SCALE=2 ./your-app

and see if it's any different.

Happy hacking!

That is great information, thanks.
From recent google search (some weeks ago) it was my impression that
there is no High-DPI infrastructure for GTK3 yet -- seem that google
gave me only old outdated discussions...

Best regards

Stefan Salewski