Re: Progress_bar failing to change

On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 4:27 AM, Hrvoje Niksic <hrvoje niksic avl com> wrote:
On 12/16/2014 09:12 PM, Ian Chapman wrote:
Spot on Hrvoje, that's my problem, many thanks for the help.  I'll have
to change the way I'm thinking.

The classic hack to update the progress bar without returning to the main loop is by running:

while (gtk_events_pending())
  gtk_main_iteration()

Still, be careful with this code because it can also trigger other queued events, such as user input, in places where you don't expect it.

it also isn't allowed on OS X if run inside a handler for a global menu bar event. just for the record.