Re: Progress_bar failing to change

On Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 4:49 PM, Ian Chapman <ichapman videotron ca> wrote:

Hi All, I'm having a strange problem using

gtk_progress_bar_set_fraction (GTK_PROGRESS_BAR(Battery), x);

I have it in two places, the first in my file that has main() and that works like I'd expect. The second in a different module and that compiles and runs but fails to change the progress bar. Stepping using cgdb I can step through the Gtk code but I'm lost with that. I've included a simplified code modules to give some idea of what I'm doing. Is this because I'm using g++ rather than gcc?

First, this code paste is basically unreadable. No indentation, no following conventions.

void controller(void)

{
int n, unpack_fg, w;
gdouble w;
/* The following seems to be ignored */
gtk_progress_bar_set_fraction (GTK_PROGRESS_BAR(Battery), w); //BAR IS UNCHANGED!
}

"w" is an uninitialized integer variable. this function makes no sense. what did you mean for it to do?