GtkSpinButton in Gtk3

Hi all.

I'm trying to use a Gtk3 spinbutton. I've done this plenty of times in Gtk2. I'm using Glade to define the layout, and using Perl. I drop a GtkSpinButton into a container, create a GtkAdjustment, and associate it with the spin button ( all in Glade ). I set the adjustment's max value to 100. Then save the builder file, and run the app. I can't change the value in the spin button. The buttons don't seem to affect anything, and when I enter a number and hit tab or enter, it changes back to 0. What's going on?

Dan