Suppress D-Bus warnings

Hello.

I'm working on a program that uses glib. I recently found out that the
program prints a number of warning messages on some machines:

** (lt-mxsh:9099): WARNING **: Cannot spawn a message bus without a
machine-id: Unable to load /var/lib/dbus/machine-id or /etc/machine-id:
Failed to open file '/var/lib/dbus/machine-id': No such file or
directory

I don't have D-Bus on the machine. Installing D-Bus and in particular
the dbus-launch program makes the warnings go away. The program works
just fine anyway, but the warning messages are a bit annoying. I've
narrowed it down to a call to g_socket_client_connect_to_host.

It appears to be caused by how my system's glib (glib 2.32.4 from Debian
GNU/Linux 7) was built. I don't get the warnings if I build the program
against locally built copies of glib 2.32.4 or 2.38.0.

Does anyone know if it is possible to suppress the warnings during
runtime, or make glib disable the D-Bus bits entirely since I don't need
them? I would like to run the program without the warnings even if glib
was built to use it.

                Marcus