gedit: running gedit as root I have no options on GNOME's top menu

Hey folks,

I am not sure if this is the right mailling list, but here it goes:

if I run gedit as root I dont get those menu options like new window, preferences, help, about and quit.
I only have quit option. I know it's unsafe running gedit as root.

I got the following lines in terminal:

(gedit:3754): dconf-WARNING **: failed to commit changes to dconf: The connection is closed
Error creating proxy: The connection is closed (g-io-error-quark, 18)

using: gedit-3.10.1

any clue ?

thanks
Regards