Planner, Project Management Desktop App

Hello,

I'm working on a task/project management desktop app which unifies GTD
concepts with project management concepts. For the project management
part I'm considering to integrate with Planner or use it in some other
way.

But after looking at Planner's wiki pages and git repo, it doesn't seem
to be active, except for minor fixes once in few weeks. I sent mail to
its mailing list, no response yet.

Is the module active? And is it being actually used for project
management, e.g. other Gnome modules? I had a thought, maybe I could use
it for my app and become a maintainer/developer is the project isn't
being actively developed.

And is there a person I can contact? (on an active mail from which I'll
get a response)

Thanks in advance,
Anatoly