Re: Example of writing gtk3 widgets

Maybe have a look at the widgets I have adapted here:
http://sourceforge.net/p/lives/code/1810/tree/trunk/src/giw/
giwknob, giwvscale and giwled. They will work with both gtk+ 2 and
gtk+ 3. If you look at the #if GTK_CHECK_VERSION lines it will give
you an idea of exactly what needs to be changed. The biggest change is
using cairo for drawing, but there are some smaller changes like
GtkObject becomes GObject, etc. It took me a while and a lot of trial
and error, so it may save you some time.

giwtimeline is only for gtk3, so it represents a somewhat cleanish
implementation.

Some of the support functions are found in
http://sourceforge.net/p/lives/code/1810/tree/trunk/src/widget-helper.c
I can't guarantee that any of this adheres to the official coding standards.

Hope this helps !

Regards,
Salsaman.

http://lives.sourceforge.net