GtkSocket in GtkNotebook with drag-and-drop tabs

Greetings, Programs!

I have a program with a multi-page interface implemented via GtkNotebook.  The tabbed pages can be re-ordered or dragged and dropped into other windows (each with its own GtkNotebook) or onto the root desktop to create a new application window.  Recently, I created a module that runs an external application and embeds it via the GtkSocket/GtkPlug mechanism.  All works well until I drag the embedded application to another window – the GtkSocket is unmapped and shuts down the embedded program.  When the module is added to the new GtkNotebook, the embedded app is gone and I’m left with an empty black window.

Is this a bug or an unfortunate consequence of the way the GtkNotebook and GtkSocket implementations work?  I can’t seem to stop the embedded app from shutting down as the socket is already unmapped when I get the “page-removed” signal from the GtkNotebook.

I’d love to hear any suggestions you might have.

Thanks,

Lance Capser