Re: How to add a callback that will be called each time when the event queue becomes empty

On 20 July 2013 01:57, Paul Davis <paul linuxaudiosystems com> wrote:
the general solution to this is to use any kind of signalling system
(g_object signals, boost signals, libsigc++ or whatever you prefer) to post
notifications about state changes, and the callbacks/handlers for these
signals should queue an idle callback that returns FALSE
 (and only queue it if it is not already queued).

Yes, I do this too, though with a short timeout (100ms? I forget)
rather than an idle. This helps to join up many short state changes.

John