Re: Support for remote file in location window

Well, GtkFileChooser can support remote files (there's a flag for it), but only if the application can understand it. The app is returned either a filename (which is local-only) or a URI which it has to use Gio to implement. I don't know what app you're using, but it has to flip the switch to enable URIs in GtkFileChooser, and then be able to interpret the URI returned.

On Thu, Jul 4, 2013 at 11:50 AM, Ritesh Khadgaray <khadgaray gmail com> wrote:

Hi

On 02-Jul-2013 6:18 PM, "Robert Orzanna" <orschiro gmail com> wrote:

> Hello there,
>
> Is it possible to implement support for providing remote files to the
> location window?
>
> I am talking about this window: http://i.imgur.com/gF693yq.png
>
> This would be very useful for uploading remote files to websites in a
> browser session.
>
> Regards
>
> Robert

This comes from gvfs ( https://wiki.gnome.org/gvfs)  not gtk.