Re: Newbie problems using g_spawn_async_with_pipes and watching for IO

If you only need the return code and output, you might find this method more usefull: http://developer.gnome.org/glib/stable/glib-Spawning-Processes.html#g-spawn-command-line-sync

Ian

On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 10:28 PM, Will Orr <ay1244 gmail com> wrote:
Here[1] is the problematic code.

I'm trying to run a command and gather the output and return code. I
do this by watching for the process to return, as well as waiting for
the channels to HUP. However, my callbacks never get called with cond
set to G_IO_HUP, even after the process terminates. Nor do any of the
g_io_channel_read_* calls return errors. This seems inconsistent with
the documentation, as well as examples that I've found in the hours of
researching this problem.

I'm clearly doing something wrong, I'm just not sure where yet. Any
advice or solutions would be great. Thanks so much! Let me know if I
need to provide anymore information. Please CC me, as I'm not a member
of this list.

[1] https://gist.github.com/worr/4991859

--
Will Orr