Re: Clarification of GTK/GDK locking pre GTK 4.0

>  have you read the discussion of this in the archives of  gtk-devel? the
>  thread is called "deprecating gdk threads"

There is nothing there that can regarded as an authoriative statement
considering the state in GTK2 and GTK3, and the requirement for
compliance with locking in these versions. That is what we are
looking, as I wrote in my original message.

>  there was also a discussion of mostly the same thing here on this list,
>  specifically focused on win32, in early august.

We are not interested in win32, we use GTK only unix-like
(non-MacOS) (as I wrote in my original message).