Re: question on opengl with gtk+

On 2012-10-24 01:34, belal medhat wrote:
> i want to make scientific software on proteins and molecular cell
> biology i choose to use gtk+ because it is a beautiful GUI and cross
> platform on mac unix linux windows platforms

GtkGLExt doesn't run on Mac OSX, unless you run it under the X11 mode,
which is rather sub-optimal. It also doesn't work with GTK+ version 3,
but that probably doesn't matter for you because GTK 3 isn't stable on
Windows anyway. My suggestion would be to stick with Gtk+ 2.24 and don't
use GtkGLExt, but it's up to you.

Here's some sample code to setup OpenGL on a GTK+ widget. It runs on
Linux (X11), Windows, and Mac (Cocoa). It does the bare minimum to get
things going, but you can modify it to suit your needs.

  http://git.gnome.org/browse/grits/tree/src/gtkgl.c

If you want to use OpenGL 4.2, that might be a reason to attempt
GtkGLExt, since it tries to do all the extensions handling.

> and i will use with it CUDA gpu programming  but i need to setup
> opengl 4 on gtk+ panel or canvas

Sorry, I am not experienced with CUDA