Re: The issue of compiling and running gedit 3.7.1 within jhbuild.

It seems that you didn't build dconf, gnome-icon-theme, or gnome-themes-standard. You need to build all of these, even if the versions you have are new enough. I'm not sure about the ATK warning, but try building atk and all of its dependencies.

You can use `jhbuild run gedit`, but I just recommend using `jhbuild shell`. You can look through the code to see all the environment variables it sets; there's a lot of them. PATH, LD_LIBRARY_PATH, GI_TYPELIB_PATH for introspection programs.

I put something into my ~/.bashrc that tells me if I'm in a jhbuild session or not, using the JHBUILD_PREFIX envvar.