Re: gdk.window set_decorations works in python not javascript bindings (v3.0)

Rui:
> You can't use GDK like that form inside the window manager.
I believe you, but why is that? What's the fundamental difference
(happy to be referred to documentation here).

Jasper: when I tried with gjs I got 'Gdk.Screen.get_default() is
NULL'. Using Rui's advice:
> Try the following before your code:
>
> const Gtk = imports.gi.Gtk;
> Gtk.init(null);

It works! So the code works from gjs but just not from looking glass.
So I guess as Jasper said
>  It may be a case of doing things inside the compositor process vs. not.

So if I want to do this in a GNOME shell extension I'll have to do it
in a more roundabout way.

Thank you so much Jasper & Rui; this has been confusing me mightily
for quite a while!