RHEL 6.2 and gtk+ dependency hell

Hi Folks,

I’m trying to install at least gtk+-2.0 on my redhat enterprise linux 6.2 server so that I can run gadmin-proftpd there.  I’ve been undergoing dependency hell for the past 3 days.  Can someone point me to a set of the packages I need that will work together on RedHat, either in a yum repository or elsewhere?  I tried gtk+2.24, and got almost all the way through installing the s/w it depends on before discovering that I had version 1.20 of one of them when actually 1.21 was required, at which point other software was now the wrong version as well…  So I decided to try version 3.  For version 3, it looks like some of the standard packages that come with the OS would need to be at higher revs than they are, which is way too big a can of worms for me to open.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Sarah

Sarah Duncan

UNIX and Storage Systems Administrator

WGBH Educational Foundation

1 Guest St.

Brighton, MA 02135

Email:  sarah duncan wgbh org

Phone:  617-300-3443

Mobile: 617-223-1828

FAX:    617-300-3460

My Manager's Email:     peter miller wgbh org

Tech Support Questions: unix admins wgbh org

WGBH - Produced in Boston, shared with the world