Can GTK run without a C main function?

Hi Everyone

Please forgive this strange post, I am not a professional programmer but I am trying something a bit difficult.

I like Lua but I have fallen in love with Ada now. Lua's library support is not great but the language really shines when used with C libraries. I would like to use Ada in a similar way and ignore all the Ada libraries, including the GTK binding.

I am presently trying to compile a mixed c ada application. The program calls C GTK in a non main c function. The main function is on the Ada side.

Is this permissible? Does GTK depend on a C entry point?

If this is useful here is an error from the failed compilation:

Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_widget_show: assertion `GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed

I can provide more code if it is useful.

Thanks-Patrick