Re: UTF-8 Character conversion in glib for ARM - issue in while g_convert for japanese characters

On Fri, 2012-03-02 at 08:33 +0000, RENJITH G wrote:

> and running on the HW) - The function "g_convert()" returns error.

> May I know id there any option we need to give while building the glib
> for supporting the other languages(japanese/chinese) so that g_convert
> can safely convert it and give a non-null character.

It's not about glib; we're just calling into libc iconv().  You need
to ensure your version of (e)glibc is compiled with support for it.

I think this is a matter of the right plugins in e.g. /usr/lib/gconv.