Re: future of development for the desktop

* Paul Davis <paul linuxaudiosystems com> wrote:

>      Well, AFAIK, gtk had become much more dynamic than its older
>      versions.
>      Maybe that's the problem: too many dynamic (heap) allocations,
>      lookups, etc, etc.
>      hmm, what could we possibly do about it ?
>
>    measuring it would be a good first step.

Sure. But, unfortunately, it's not trivial to set up some useful
test cases without actually implementing my suggested approach
in several applications first.

So, before writing any code, I'll first try to thing through
several scenarios and analyze what could be done and design
a model. When that's done, maybe I'll hire a bunch of students
for the actual coding.

cu

 phone:  +49 36207 519931  email: weigelt metux de
 mobile: +49 151 27565287  icq:   210169427         skype: nekrad666