Styling progress bars

Dear all,

I'm trying to change the way my progress bars look using a css provider. I can change the way the slider (the active area in the progress bar's trough) looks by altering the ".progressbar" "background-image" property. However, even when I do this, there is a red border around the slider which I can't get rid of. I've tried changing the "border-width" property and every other property I could think of but I can't seem to get rid of it.

Does anyone know why it's there and how I alter it? I'm using Gtk-3 and Ubuntu,

Thanks,

Tom