Re: Compiling glib on win32

On Wed, 29 Feb 2012 16:29:51 +0100, Manuel Ferrero wrote:
I'm trying to compile glib-2.30.2 on my windows machine because I'd
like to use an external dll compiled against a different version of
msvcrt.dll.
I'd like to compile glib using a mingw environment and so far I was
able to succesfully configure it adding the requested dependencies.
Now I tried to make it and after a while I got the following error:
AttributeError: 'dict' object has no attribute 'has_key'
make[6]: *** [gdbus-example-objectmanager-generated.h] Error 1

Maybe some Python 3.x version is being used to execute gdbus-codegen?

Just an idea, as dict.has_key() has been removed from Python 3, so
ensure Python 2.6 or 2.7 (consult GLib's configure.ac for a definitive
list of supported versions) is picked up and it will probably work.

mvg,
Dieter

For the Pythonistas among us: idiomatic Python code should state
"key in dict" instead of "dict.has_key(key)" except when compatibility
with pre Python 2.3 is required.